The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- Online Banking Experience the Key to Consumer Satisfaction, Claims New Survey
- The Robots Aren’t Coming: They’re Already Here (and Ripping Off Banks)
- As Banking Model Is Upended, CEOs Can Step Into the Dance of Disruption
- TIAA CD Offers Guaranteed Preservation Of Capital With Investment Upside
- Education Loans: A Relationship To Bank On