Forgotten passwords may be a thing of the past for FIS Mobile users thanks to its addition of biometrics.
FIS provides biometric access to its Mobile Banking application via Apple’s TouchID. With this, FIS will become the first provider to offer fingerprint access to its Cardless Cash ATM application when it allows fingerprint authentication beginning this month (April 2015). This advancement puts account balances and access to cash only one touch away.
FIS points out that biometrics provides two-factor authentication—one’s mobile device and one’s fingerprint.
“One-touch Cardless Cash is unlike anything else in the market,” says Douglas Brown, senior vice-president and general manager, Mobile Financial Services, FIS. “The ability to access your account and withdraw money with just your fingerprint will make ATM access faster, safer, and easier for users.”
Biometric access with Touch ID to Cardless Cash will arrive in April. Android users will have biometrics access later this year.
- Why ‘Explainable AI’ is the Next Frontier in Financial Crime Fighting
- Regions Financial Corp. Catches the Eye of Institutional Investors
- Citizens Bank of Tennessee Expands its Employee Communications Capability
- FinTech Lending: Friend or Foe?
- Santander signs $700M deal with IBM to accelerate its transformation