Mobile banking apps continue to gain traction, according to the latest in a series of surveys by Malauzai Software.
The firm examined the mobile app usage of 7,754 U.S. financial institutions with assets between $50 million to $15 billion. Key findings include:
• Between 2014 and 2015, there was a 25% growth rate of financial institutions with consumer mobile banking apps.
• Of institutions with iPhone apps, 99% also provide Android apps and 61% provide iPad apps.
• There were 150-plus business mobile apps specifically built for businesses and 140-plus apps for stand-alone remote check capture.
• The upper Midwest currently has the highest penetration of mobile banking apps among financial institutions.
- Are Point-of-Sale Loans Putting Pressure on Credit Cards?
- Study Shows ~20% of Businesses Plan to Automate Accounts Payable Within One Year
- Message to Small Banks: Join the Digital Revolution or Become Obsolete
- Frenemies: Why Apple and Amazon are Positioned to Partner… and Compete with Banks
- How Community Banks Can Tackle SBA Lending Challenges