A new study by Merchant Machine explores generational trends for mobile wallets. Not surprisingly, there is a huge trend towards mobile only for the younger generations surveyed, but it is not just for the young.
The survey states that 32% of people aged between 18 and 44, who are not currently using a mobile wallet, say they are attracted to using one. However, 27% of those aged 55 and over reveal having an interest in using the platforms.
27% of those that use an Apple device have used Apple Pay. While few dispute that trends favor the expansion of digital pay, for a waiter, if he prefers if you pay his tip in cash or credit, he will still answer cash… so for the next decade or so it looks like cash will stay mainstream, but the trend is clear.
- Online Bank Tops List of Midsize Businesses in Indiana
- How Banks Can Prepare Customers for Lower Mortgage Rates
- Commercial Real Estate Executives Bullish on the U.S. Market and on Banks
- Bold Move by BB&T-Suntrust Bank to Become Truist Financial
- Banks and Fintech Firms Watching Interest Rates and Political Unrest