Forgotten passwords may be a thing of the past for FIS Mobile users thanks to its addition of biometrics.
FIS provides biometric access to its Mobile Banking application via Apple’s TouchID. With this, FIS will become the first provider to offer fingerprint access to its Cardless Cash ATM application when it allows fingerprint authentication beginning this month (April 2015). This advancement puts account balances and access to cash only one touch away.
FIS points out that biometrics provides two-factor authentication—one’s mobile device and one’s fingerprint.
“One-touch Cardless Cash is unlike anything else in the market,” says Douglas Brown, senior vice-president and general manager, Mobile Financial Services, FIS. “The ability to access your account and withdraw money with just your fingerprint will make ATM access faster, safer, and easier for users.”
Biometric access with Touch ID to Cardless Cash will arrive in April. Android users will have biometrics access later this year.
- Santander Consumer USA invests $35 million into bridging digital divide across the US
- Citi Sells Consumer Banks in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam
- US Banks Turn to Technology To Compete Against FinTechs
- Citi to exit consumer and small business banking in Mexico
- Banks Need to Expand Hybrid Banking Options to Survive