In only its second full year of publishing, Banking Exchange/BankingExchange.com has won four awards for editorial excellence in the annual “Azbees” competition.
The 2017 Azbee awards, presented by the American Society of Business Publication Editors, are based on judging by panels of publishing industry veterans. Three stories appearing in 2016 editions of Banking Exchange magazine received awards in the Northeastern regional competition. Also receiving an award was an online interview article appearing in 2016.
Three of the entries are also finalists in ASBPE’s national competition. Those awards will be announced later this year. Banking Exchange was the only banking publication to place in the Northeastern region.
Here are the winners, with links to electronic versions of the articles.
The three winning magazine cover stories included:
• Regional Gold Award, company profile, “Talent Scouts: Signature Bank’s Joe DePaolo and Scott Shay perfect ‘team liftouts,’ to the chagrin of big banks.” Written by Bill Streeter, editor & publisher. National finalist
• Regional Silver Award, company profile, “Mutual With Moxie: How Eastern Bank’s Holbrook pushes the envelope.” Written by Steve Cocheo, executive editor and digital content manager. National finalist
• Regional Silver Award, feature article, “Sales Under Scrutiny: Selling’s not abusive when done right … But what’s ‘done right’?” Written by Steve Cocheo, executive editor and digital content manager.
The winning online article:
• Regional Gold Award, Online Q&A, “Fair lending, from a veteran’s perspective.” Written by Steve Cocheo, executive editor and digital content manager. National finalist
“Our goal from the beginning has been to offer an exchange of news and views to our readers concerning the rapidly evolving financial services business,” said Bill Streeter, editor and publisher. “To be singled out by fellow business journalists for excellence is an acknowledgement of the quality content our brand represents. We appreciate the continuing support of our readers, sponsors, advertisers, and our ownership.”
In the 2016 competition Banking Exchange won a total of nine national and regional awards for editorial and design.
View the magazine stories in digital magazine format
- JP Morgan Bank Earnings Beat Expectations, What it Means for Banks
- AI or Die: 4 Ways Model Governance Can Help You Win at Digital Transformation
- Mastercard and Visa Latest Companies To Step Back From Cryptocurrency
- What Smaller Banks Can Learn from Goldman Sachs Employee Startup Approach
- Is Mobile Banking Safe? Here's 5 Tips for Security