Title: A Look Ahead: Faster Payments in 2021
Time/Date: February 25, 2:00 ET
The world of digital payments rapidly evolved in 2020. The pandemic accelerated the need for faster payments, increasing both consumer demand for alternative payment options and the need for adoption by financial institutions. To illustrate, The Clearing House saw their RTP® network reach grow to over 57% of U.S. DDA account balances in December. The U.S. Faster Payments Council took large steps in addressing the problem of interoperability, which is a huge challenge for real-time payments in the U.S. to reach ubiquity. In this educational webinar presented by Alacriti on February 25, at 2:00 p.m. ET, Keith Gray, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships for The Clearing House, Reed Luhtanen, Executive Director for U.S. Faster Payments Council, and Mark Ranta, CTP, Payments Practice Lead for Alacriti will discuss:
- Trends that will define payments in 2021
- Why your institution should offer real-time payments and the top use cases consumer and business clients expect
- Common misconceptions about faster payments and real-time payments
- Where to start and next steps for your real-time payments strategy
- Answers to commonly asked questions about the safety of faster payments
- What to do if your existing system does not support faster payments and how to modernize quickly and cost-effectively
- How to reduce payments friction
Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, The Clearing House
Keith Gray is a Vice President of The Clearing House with responsibility for RTP® Network Strategic Partnerships. Mr. Gray works with these partners to facilitate launching and supporting their RTP initiatives.
Executive Director, U.S. Faster Payments Council
Reed Luhtanen is Executive Director of the U.S. Faster Payments Council (FPC). Reed is responsible for managing daily operations and working with the FPC board and membership to execute on the FPC’s strategic plan while ensuring inclusive and transparent dialogue with all FPC stakeholders.
Mark Ranta, CTP
Payments Practice Lead, Alacriti
Mark is responsible for working with Alacriti's market partners and financial institution customers to discuss, explore, and examine market trends and key drivers in the evolving digital payments space.
This webinar is brought to you by Alacriti
This Webinar is also brought to you by Banking Exchange Webinar Series