Mitek unveiled a new ID authentication technology, Photo Verify, which it claims is the first mobile technology assured to instantly verify the authenticity of a driver’s license.
“Institutions can be 100% sure that the license presented is an authentic, unaltered, government-issued document. This will give them the confidence to approve more new customers,” says James DeBello, president and CEO, Mitek.
Photo Verify combines Mitek’s MiSnap auto capture experience with advanced computer vision to instantly find and decode an encrypted security feature hidden on a driver license. When this security feature is detected by Photo Verify, the license is deemed 100% authentic.
Photo Verify is slated to be available to Mitek customers and partners in the summer of 2015.
- Customer and Employee Experience Should Top Banks Priority List in 2021
- The Role of Local Payments in Higher Education’s Bottom Line
- Onespan Publishes Top Ten Predictions for 2021 Focused on Financial Technology
- Bank Apps Being Used More Than Ever, ABA Finds
- SoFi Receives Preliminary Approval for US Bank Charter