Nearly one in four responding to an updated ACI Worldwide survey believe the U.S. should move directly to real-time, faster payments.
The survey of 106 financial industry professionals was conducted in April at the NACHA Payments Conference.
Principal findings of this year’s survey included:
• 97% of respondents believe Same Day ACH payments will become a reality within the next five years (up 5% from the 2014 survey).
• 92% believe that Same Day ACH will add “significant” value to businesses and corporate bank clients (up 6% from the 2014 survey).
• Nearly 75% of respondents believe same day should be pursued.
• 80% have made a mobile payment (up nearly 5% from the 2014 survey).
Of those respondents who’ve made mobile payments, paying via the established QR code-based payment models of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts ranked highest, followed by Apple Pay.
- Payments in 2021: What Lies Ahead after the Digital Boom
- Bringing “Tribal Knowledge” into the Digital Banking Age
- Customer and Employee Experience Should Top Banks Priority List in 2021
- The Role of Local Payments in Higher Education’s Bottom Line
- Onespan Publishes Top Ten Predictions for 2021 Focused on Financial Technology