Misys Labs unveiled its banking app prototype for the Apple Watch—the wearable device which will be a major driver for contextual marketing in financial services.
The Misys app for the Apple Watch—Misys FusionBanking Essence BankTime—is designed to give consumers control and clarity of their personal finances.
Misys has used Apple’s Glance feature—a “glance” is a quick view of the app's most important content—to showcase the Comfort Zone display, which clearly shows a consumer’s available balance. The consumer can rapidly drill down to get more details of balance, history, and all transactions via the smartwatch.
The banking app encourages consumers to execute transactions directly from the Apple Watch, for example, paying a restaurant bill. With voice command and traditional swipe-and-tap control, consumers can interact with the app however they wish.
Real-time guidance means consumers will never miss a notification from their bank—such as a fraud alert, a special offer, or an appointment reminder. It opens up a contextual marketing channel for banks and offers services based on a customer’s location.
- Big Banks Outperform Regions in Mobile Apps, Says Survey
- As Bank Branches Go Digital, How Do They Attract Customers?
- Building A Data-Driven Culture the Right Way: Five Lessons to Build Better Relationships
- How a Digital Dollar Could ‘Reshape the Banking System
- Banks Look to Digitize Customer Onboarding