Most of the mobile marketers in a recent survey say the top priorities for their mobile apps is to enhance the customer experience and drive customer loyalty.
These were listed by 64% of 450 marketers across enterprise brands surveyed by FollowAnalytics and Gigaom Research. The survey sought better understanding of customer needs in an omnichannel environment.
"This is a significant shift from 24 months ago when mobile apps from this class of enterprise brands were primarily for sharing information or driving commerce transactions,” says Greg Stuart, CEO of the Mobile Marketing Association.
A key finding of the research is that 97% of marketers surveyed said that to deliver a great customer experience, it is "extremely or somewhat important" to share mobile customer relationship management data with existing marketing systems that are either homegrown or purchased from vendors.
These marketers outlined the top three benefits of this kind of data sharing: increased customer loyalty; an enriched customer experience by using contextual (mobile) information; and optimization of the customer journey.
- Big Banks Outperform Regions in Mobile Apps, Says Survey
- As Bank Branches Go Digital, How Do They Attract Customers?
- Building A Data-Driven Culture the Right Way: Five Lessons to Build Better Relationships
- How a Digital Dollar Could ‘Reshape the Banking System
- Banks Look to Digitize Customer Onboarding