Most of the mobile marketers in a recent survey say the top priorities for their mobile apps is to enhance the customer experience and drive customer loyalty.
These were listed by 64% of 450 marketers across enterprise brands surveyed by FollowAnalytics and Gigaom Research. The survey sought better understanding of customer needs in an omnichannel environment.
"This is a significant shift from 24 months ago when mobile apps from this class of enterprise brands were primarily for sharing information or driving commerce transactions,” says Greg Stuart, CEO of the Mobile Marketing Association.
A key finding of the research is that 97% of marketers surveyed said that to deliver a great customer experience, it is "extremely or somewhat important" to share mobile customer relationship management data with existing marketing systems that are either homegrown or purchased from vendors.
These marketers outlined the top three benefits of this kind of data sharing: increased customer loyalty; an enriched customer experience by using contextual (mobile) information; and optimization of the customer journey.
- ABA Urges DoJ to Update Market Data to Help M&A Governance
- How COVID-19 and Tokenization Can Transform the Financial Sector
- 5 Examples of Cutting-edge Tools to Reinvent Your Mortgage Tech Stack
- More than regulation — how PSD2 will be a key driving force for an Open Banking future
- Bank of America Adopting Digital Financial Planning Tool Usually Developed by Fintechs