The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- PPP Delivers $140B in 2021 as Biden Prioritizes ‘Mom and Pop’ Businesses
- First National Strikes Merger Agreement with The Bank of Fincastle
- US Banks Resilient Despite Pandemic
- Bank of Hawaii Launches ‘Branch of Tomorrow’ Premises
- Banking on Diversity initiative launched to target minority businesses