Native American Bank, the only national American Indian-owned certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in the country, is focused on promoting economic development in a community that is typically underserved by traditional financial institutions.
According to a press release, the bank recognized the need for a technology partner that would deliver sophisticated banking services and provide a cultural fit for the institution. They recently chose Jack Henry and Associates’ Silver Lake System to help provide “flexible, comprehensive banking services” to the Native American community.
Jamie Yancy, senior vice president and chief technology officer of Native American Bank, explained, “It has historically been a challenge for Native Americans to access affordable and comprehensive financial services, which is why our goal is to provide resources to help this community raise financial literacy, build businesses and create jobs.”
He went on to say that “with Jack Henry & Associates we have found a true partner that understands the importance of community and is dedicated to helping us achieve our mission.”
- OCC’s Hsu Warns on Risks Despite Sector Strength
- Bank Brand News: CommunityBank of Texas, Allegiance to Become Stellar Bank
- US Regulators Scrutinize Canadian Banks’ Acquisitions
- Appointments: Regions Names Transformation Leaders; New CFO for Mid Penn
- Direct Banks Gaining Support as Customers Go Online