The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Gaining Momentum Again as Brands Step In
- USAA Leads Funding Round for Fintech Company
- Grasshopper Bank has a Commercial Banking Model that Could Disrupt the Market
- Rabobank, ABN AMRO and ING Looking to Transform ATM Distribution
- U.S. and European Banks Making Progress with UK Regulators Regarding Brexit Agreements