Among some of the toughest competition in the b2b publishing world, Banking Exchange won six awards for editorial and design excellence, just 18 months from its launch date.
The magazine and website was a finalist in six categories encompassing both digital and print articles and won awards in all six for a clean sweep.
The awards, known as “Azbees,” are given out by the American Society of Business Publication Editors, and are among the most prestigious and coveted awards in the business media world. All the big b2b publishing companies compete.
Banking Exchange was the only banking publication to win awards in this year’s competition.
Editor & Publisher Bill Streeter, who attended the Northeast Regional Awards dinner along with Steve Cocheo, Executive Editor and Digital Content Manager, said:
“To be singled out by your peers for excellence is very satisfying. It reinforces what our goal has been from the beginning, to offer bankers high-quality, unbiased, and useful articles—in print and online—to help them compete in an increasingly tough marketplace. That's what our experienced staff and contributors, and our knowledgeable bloggers strive for in every post and every article.”
The six awards were for the Northeast Region of ASBPE. Three of the six were also finalists for the National Awards, to be announced July 21.
The six awards, with links to articles, were:
For digital journalism
• Silver award (and National finalist) in the How-to Online Category—“Community Banking” blog written by Jeff Gerrish
• Bronze award in the How-to Online Category—“Talking Credit” blog written by Ed O’Leary
• Silver award (and a National finalist) in the e-Newsletter/General Excellence Category—Editors Exchange newsletter, written by Steve Cocheo
For print journalism and magazine design
• Gold award (and a National finalist) in the Best Overall Typography Category—Banking Exchange magazine
• Silver award in the Regular Department Category—the “Threads” section of Banking Exchange magazine
• Silver award in the General Interest Feature Category—“Disruption Everywhere: How Will Life Change,” written by Jo Ann Barefoot in the July 2015 issue.
Tagged under Management,
- The Deutsche Bank-Commerzbank Teaching Moment: Learn From History or Risk it All
- How Dutch Bank ABN AMRO Describes Strategy and How it Differs from US Banks
- Deposit Pricing Strategies: Increasingly Sophisticated, Precise
- How Premier Financial Bancorp (Premier Bank) Achieved a 36% Annual Increase
- TD Bank Survey Shows Some Caution/Interest Rate Concerns