According to a study by Reed Smith and Mergermarket, 94% of banks and financial institutions are planning two or more fintech acquisitions in the next 12 months.
“There isn’t a significant financial services institution that isn’t already either a consumer or developer of fintech,” said Herb Kozlov, a partner at Reed Smith. “I think it’s on the radar of every major institution because they’re at a competitive disadvantage if they’re not as well positioned as their competitors to adopt new technologies.”
Banks and financial institutions are even more bullish on fundraising for fintech firms than their counterparts and Venture Capital and Private Equity firms, according to the study.
- Why ‘Explainable AI’ is the Next Frontier in Financial Crime Fighting
- Regions Financial Corp. Catches the Eye of Institutional Investors
- Citizens Bank of Tennessee Expands its Employee Communications Capability
- FinTech Lending: Friend or Foe?
- What All Banks Can Learn from Credit Suisse Group AG’s Earnings Report